The RV Rental
Awesome, light travel trailer – Dutchmen Coleman CTS-BH16 – with lots of space in a small package. Great for young families or future RV'ers who want to see what the excitement is all about before buying your own!
Well cared for and newer model 22' (16' inside) trailer that sleeps 5 comfortably, maybe 6 if 4 people are kids.
The trailer will basically be empty for you to load with your own supplies, utensils, linens, etc.
Holding tanks are a bit small to keep the weight down, so you'll want to be aware of how much water you're using for dishes, hands, etc. as well as flushing. The tanks should last a family of 4 about 3 days if you are being conservative and using local facilities on occasion. If you camp with full hookups, then you won't need to worry (I will review procedure for dumping while hooked up).
Major highlights include:
– Fully self-contained – can boondock (no hookups) for a few days (probably 3 at most with size of holding tanks)
– 27 gal fresh, 28 gal black, 28 gal grey holding tanks
– Propane tank
– GVWR 3,850 – easy to tow!
– Sleeps 5 – bunkbeds for the kids or anyone under 6'
– Lots of room inside for a small trailer
– Dual batteries
– LED Lighting throughout (saves battery life)
– Smoke, CO2 and Gas detectors
– 2 Fire Extinguishers
– 30 amp shore power
– TV w/ DVD player and HDMI input (works when on shore power)
– AC (works when on shore power)
– Microwave (works when on shore power)
– Furnace/heater (works on batteries)
– Fridge (works on both shore power and propane)
– 2 burner stove
– CD player/radio with AUX input
– Patio Awning
– Cable hookup
– Digital antenna
– Stabilizer jacks
– 6 gal water heater for dishes/shower
Up to 2 Dogs are allowed (NO cats, sorry, allergic) with an additional per night pet fee and your solemn promise they will stay on the ground and off the cushions.
I work out of my home where the trailer is located, so pick up and return can be fairly flexible, but I do travel to meetings fairly often so it is important to keep in touch and plan ahead. Generally speaking, the trailer will should be picked up and returned after/before 8am, but it may be possible to pick up the trailer the night before if it is ready to go and not still out on a rental.